Today was spent in shropshire in the very worst weather of the year installing a new CCTV system for a commercial customer – very very wet and cold through but at least the was customer very satisfied.
During the current economic climate, many people have a growing mistrust of banks and are keeping cash at home, this coincides with a continued rise in burglary; This is a good time to consider purchasing a suitable safe.
Safe and Secure 24/7 Locksmiths & Security can offer advice on the best types to consider and suitable locations for installation, we are able to supply and install all makes of safe.
In the event of burglary or fire at least your cash and valuables will be protected and it may also make your insurance cheaper.
Is your partner still a kid at heart, do they love Christmas surprises? Are you really stuck for what to buy – think outside the box – how about a matching pair of keyed alike deadlocks – it is not grounds for divorce!!!
Spent a very cold day today helping customers – Note to self- must by some better warm and dry winter uniform.
Most people are not aware that if your property is burgled and entry is gained by use of a key, your insurance may not pay out. It is always a good investment to change the locks when you occupy new property after all you never know who might have an old key. Safe and Secure 24/7 Locksmiths and Security or any MLA locksmith can provide this service at a reasonable cost or if you wish to do it yourself can advise on locks and supply them to you.
Most people are not aware that their insurance both domestic and commercial imposes minimum security requirements, usually in respect of ground floor doors and windows. If you do not comply with their minimum requirements they may not pay out in the event of burglary.
When you have time to spare it is worth checking your property against the insurance company requirements, a few minutes now might save you in the long run should the worst happen.
Safe and Secure 24/7 Locksmiths & Security or your local MLA approved locksmith can assist you in determining whether you meet the required standards and supply / install the necessary locks.
For the information of visitors to our new website, it remains a work in progress and new updates to existing pages and products will be added over the coming days and weeks. At present a just a small sample of our products are displayed for illustrative purposes; we carry good range of stock and additionally can source any lock, locking product or security product at competative prices; We welcome telephone or web based enquiries. If whilst browsing this site you come across anything not working as it should, please let us know via the contacts form. Many Thanks
TEN SIMPLE TIPS to consider that may reduce your chances of becoming a #victim of domestic #burglary this winter:
As evenings get darker, the incidence of domestic burglary can increase; during this period, properties remain in darkness for much longer periods which can make them easier to target, especially if there are no obvious signs that anyone is home.
Burglary, on the whole, is an opportunist crime, with around a third of burglaries resulting from insecure premises.
A burglar tends to select their target because it offers them the best opportunity to carry out their crime undetected and with the fewest number of obstacles in their way. A building that presents itself as unoccupied and insecure or with minimal security is far more likely to be targeted than one which appears properly secured.
Burglary is an intrusive crime that can make you feel alienated in your own home and cause great distress if you consider the tips below it may reduce the chances of your property being targeted:
Ten simple burglary crime prevention tips:
1. Mark or etch your property with your postcode, house or flat number or the first three letters of your house name or use a DNA property marking solution or other similar product.
2. Register items with a serial number at www.immobilise.com
3. Do not leave your car keys, valuables or ID documents near a door, letterbox or window.
4. Always check who’s at the door and don’t open it if you feel anxious.
5. Close and lock all your doors and windows, even if you are only going out for a few minutes.
6. Keep your valuables out of sight, consider what valuables you might display in your photographs on social networking sites.
7. Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home or fit them with timers or light activated switching.
8. Fit a British Standard 5 lever mortice lock (or equivalent) to your front door and ensure other external doors and ground floor windows are equally secure; consider installing a burglar alarm, the latest wireless alarm systems may not be as expensive as you think.
9. Always keep sheds and outbuildings locked, consider external motion activated lighting.
10. Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for days or weeks at a time.
If in any doubt get advice from your local security expert – Safe and Secure 24/7 for a limited period are offering free security surveys within the local area.
Just a reminder that can supply any lock, locking product (Including safes) or any other security product at competative prices and offer an installation service where required.